Robert J. Travis
Bob is a co-founder and Partner specializing in supervision of audit, review, and tax services for major closely-held corporations and high net-worth individuals in the Western New York area. His clients include governmental, not-for-profit, insurance, retail, food, real estate, lumber and manufacturing industries. He also works in our litigation support practices, focusing on forensic accounting & auditing services.
He was previously associated with the Buffalo office of a Big Four accounting firm where he was an Audit Partner in the Buffalo practice, a teacher at Firm National Training, and also served as Human Resources Partner and Professional Training Coordinator.
His selected experience includes:
Serves as audit partner on several types of clients engagements including multinational companies, closely-held businesses, bankruptcy in various industries
Provides services related to fraud auditing and uncovering defalcation and assists clients in submission of insurance claims
Assists clients in successfully defending itself against allegations of 'dumping' charges brought by the U.S. Department of Commerce.
Serves as engagement partner on firm contracts since 1999 with the U.S. Department of Justice to audit Chapter 13 Standing Trustees across the United States. In addition, he has worked on audits of Chapter 7 Panel Trustees
Featured speaker at various Chapter 13 conferences
Bob's professional and community affiliations include:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Buffalo Sabres Alumni Association, Board of Directors
- Catholic Health System, Board Treasurer
- Catholic Health System, Executive Compensation Committee, Chair
- Catholic Health System, Finance and Operations Committee, Chair
- Catholic Health System, Physician Enterprise Committee, Chair
- Niagara Community Center, Board Treasurer
- Our Lady Peace Nursing Home, Board Treasurer
- St. Peter's Parish, Finance Committee
- Mount St. Mary's Hospital, Former Vice Chairman and Treasurer
- Niagara Falls Boys & Girls Club, Former Board Member
- First Niagara Bank WNY Board of Advisors, Former Member
Bob holds a BS in Accounting from Niagara University.